Once again, I find myself reminded at how poor I am at estimating time. I thought I could install the 860 square feet of flooring in a weekend with Tim’s help. I was about 50% correct! I selected a thicker 12mm laminate flooring for the additional durability (heavy’ish equipment) and it requires a good bit of force to get everything locked together. It’s going very well and looks terrific…but I have to stop and shift back to some production shirt and commemorative plaque work we have coming quickly for several big events. We can, at least, carry out the bulk of the work in the new office space as the air conditioning, lighting, and music situation is completely functional…we’re just limited to half the workspace and the bathroom isn’t functional yet. I also went through about 6 different types of bulbs before settling in on a 50w equivalent LED PAR20 bulb. I had thought I would wait a couple of years for the LED prices to come down a little more – but I came in a little under budget with drywall and painting so I splurged on the bulbs. with 22 can lights, I can flood the space with (dimmable) light with an equivalent 1100 watts while consuming less than 200….and the mean time to failure on these bulbs is 23 years (at that point, 50% of them would have been exhausted).
I’ve also completed almost all of the electrical downstairs and can actually plug things in now. I have one more garage door opener to mount…will have more information on that soon.